Thursday, January 23, 2014
Object Oriented Programming
By definition Object- Oriented programming is a type of
programming that uses characteristics similar to reality to define classes and
objects. When I first saw this term, I didn’t know what it really is. I thought
it would be something very confuse and sophisticated. After some research
online (looking at Wikipedia, etc.), I had a better understanding of what
exactly is Object-oriented programming. Eventually, it is a different style of
programming that follows a unique sets of principles. For example: An object- oriented program usually contains different types of
objects (adopted from Wikipedia). Each objects is then corresponding to
another real world object or concept. A human is an object, Xiangyu Zhang is
also an object, and I can correspond to the object human. I can call different
methods such as: sleep, eat, talk, and watch. These methods can also be called
by another object Henry. Overall, the goal of object- oriented programming is
to provide a better understanding of the code and being more practical to real
life situations. It also can be maintained easily since the methods and objects
and classes are all separated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment